Thursday, June 22, 2006

Avoidance, the Tower Bridge, Surrealism and other random musings

R. W. continues to evade and ignore. Avoidance techniques have been well and truly mastered - do all bureaucrats go to a special 'how to not pay attention' school? This is stupendously annoying - I am going to have to get irritable and teary to get any, that's right, attention. Demnading large sums of money for all my trouble should do it, then.

As a consequence I still have no idea when I'm going back home. And I'm so tempted to start quoting Cheers here its funny. ( And that ofcourse leads to that wonderful image of Joey sitting in a hotel room in London, missing NY. Hee. )

Spent a couple of days at Ks new flat ... its wonderful. The flat itself, the location, the view, its all there. Also met with K (but this is a different K, so lets call her K'). Went on an extra long walk from Canary Wharf to Tower Bridge, where I sat for a while and spoke to D. Gah, I miss Delhi. Then walked to the Millenium Bridge, and to the Tate Modern, which is next to the Globe. So wanted to see a play, but am totally and completely broke (which could be one of the motivating factors for my heretofore unprecedented long walk). The Tate was great - and there collection of surrealists was spectacular. They had many many Miros, and several Dalis including The Metamorphosis of Narcissus. Some of the stuff was really out there, though.

Oh, and they had Water Lily!!!! I stood there, looking at it, close enough to touch, thinking how he must have felt when he was painting it. Now that was surreal. Klimt was also there, though they had only one painting, and it was a portrait. Sigh. There were many Pollocks, which I couldn't look at for evaluating their potential in my drawing room.

So, for the random Musings part of the program.... I'm bored. And irritated. And bored. And in limbo. Sick of not knowing. Wanting to go home. Bored. Random Enough??

4 comments:

mitasho said...

Cheerio, young lady! And enjoy these last couple of days of not quite summer. Wasn't Tate worth the wait!

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

Anonymous said...

Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»

Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»