Tuesday, October 17, 2006

TGIF? Nah, not so much

Working on Saturday has made most weekends not just short but incredibly busy. For a compulsive shopper like me it means that I have to spend my Sundays trawling the markets. Last Sunday was spent buying sneakers. And because I insist on only wearing Puma, it took a goodly while to find shoes that were both comfortable, good looking, and cost under four grand. Of course, I still spent a disproportionate amount of my salary buying the shoes.

The weekend just gone was all about Diwali melas and trudging around the Swiss embassy and the Blind school looking at jewellery, clothes, crockery, clothes, jewellery. There was also yummy food, which I partook of quite gratefully.

My Sister had a baby!!!!! Hello, baby! Welcome to the world! He's the cutest little thing...

Also, met with friends after a long while, and its always good to do that. What I haven't done in sometime is watch a film. That has to change very very soon...

Also cooked after a long while. Don't have any sense of proportion now, my pasta always ends up a little bit low on basil and then I have to douse it with non-fresh basil which never seems to make enough of a difference. Gah.

And can I just add, while on the subject of food, what a genius whoever came up with Pop Tarts is? Mmmmmm.



4 comments:

Ridhima said...

You and your never ending love for pop tarts! :)

Aren't Pumas the best! I'm wearing a pair right now!

I miss being home for Diwali.. :( .. oh well next year!.. enjoy all the yummy food and the beautifully lit up city for me!

Yamini said...

Forget the yummy food and the beautiful city and all, think about the frakkin traffic. So not fun.

Pumas are the best, and not just because they endorse Ferrari. ;) Ofcourse, in my wisdom, I left my Ferrari Pumas in the UK.

Its a strange thing, the love for pop tarts. In the UK I had maybe one box.

Ridhima said...

lol! yes.. the infamous traffic! remember when yash sat on his toy truck and would yell stupid idiot inside the house when he was stuck inside a pretend traffic jam! :)

sooo cute! I miss my kiddies! :) (sometimes only though.. I think my love starts evaporating precisely 5 mins after I meet the kid brothers!)

Yamini said...

Lol!!!! So true!