Friday, November 03, 2006

Time of the Season

... that you get sniffles, apparently. The only thing worse than being sick is being full of phlegm. TMI, I know, but atleast now I'm not suffering alone.

But apparently somebody does listen, because The Departed (and the World Trade Center) have both been released. I'd be over the moon about House of Flying Daggers, if for some very unclear reason PVR hadn't held off from releasing it for well over two years (forcing me to watch a pirated copy). The Departed fills me with joy, though, and I hope to see it at the earliest opportunity. As such this seems a good time for films now, with new releases coming fast, and many many festivals also being organised all over the city. I'm less psyched about World Trade Center which has to do with a number of things ranging from its supposed apolitical-ness (from Oliver Stone! Come on, if Oliver frakking Stone won't make a political film, who will?!) to its middling reviews and the lead being Nicholas Cage. But I will watch it.
The TV season has picked up steam as well. Now most shows are well into their respective runs, and are hitting their stride. Veronica Mars aired its best episode of the season so far, and The Nine is getting more engrossing, as is Heroes. Being ill also gave me the chance to have a 24 marathon, as a result of which I'm only 2 episodes from the end of Season 5. While Season 2 and 3 were disappointing, 4 was a definite improvement, and Keifer is back to his growly best in Day 5. To the extent that I'm actually excited about the premiere in January.

I've been wanting to watch Babel for a really long time. But what really annoys me is the top billing given to Brad Pitt and Cate Blanchett. Though I'll be honest and say it only annoys me because it means Gael Garcia Bernal gets less press.

What I have not done in an unconsciably long time is read. I will set that right.

The football season is also picking up steam, with everything from Euro qualifiers, to Champions League knockout stages beckoning. Plus there will the inevitable massive Boxing Day English Premiership clash to look forward to (even if it is more than a month away). In other football news, Kaka continues to set the world alight. Man Utd underachieves. Arsenal does not score and Wenger calls it their most brilliant performance so far. (I don't know, Arsene, I thought the point was to put the round thing in between those two wooden posts with the net in the middle. Silly Me.)

As a pick-me-up for being ill, I reserve the right to post pictures of pretty men. Here is the first.


And here is the next: Marat, love, I know you're pretty, but less photography and more tennis. Please?

No comments: