Thursday, February 22, 2007

Is it Christmas? Sure feels like it.

Wow. A good weekend, and a mostly good week, and then yesterday's football results. Could a girl ask for more? (Well, other than a vat of chocolate sauce and Jamie Bamber and/or Jason Dohring).

My new job goes well, and it has so far stimulated more brain cells than the last six months combined. For some strange reason India has started winning cricket matches again, and even though I profess not to care, it is nigh impossible not to. I have been managed to get my hands on most of the Oscar nominated films and I am looking forward to my choc-a-bloc movie-watching schedule. Social life continues to flourish thanks to friends at work.

And then, I am gifted with superb football results! It was almost perfect - Manchester United win. Real Madrid win (and people die of shock). Arsenal lose. The 'almost' is only because Milan only managed a draw, but anything that's not a loss for Milan is good these days.

It gets better and better. There are rumours that Schumi is being groomed for the top job at Ferrari. A so-so episode of Battlestar Galactica is mitigated by lots of Lee Adama. And there is a fantastic episode of Veronica Mars.

5 comments:

Niral Parekh said...

and you forgot to mention. Liverpool kicked some Barcelona ass!
Go Liverpool!

Yamini said...

Heh. I didn't forget, actually. I don't care too much about either side, but I definitely care less for Liverpool than for Barcelona.

Niral Parekh said...

Blasphemous!

Shravan said...

You should consider watching the Sopranos. Heady stuff. Perhaps even Oz (HBO). Although I would be more careful about the latter; they kept it so real in Oz that despite my tolerance towards violence, I was rather disturbed.

Btw, your blog is very entertaining. Fangirlism and couch potatoness, Ha!

Yamini said...

Thank you for your kind words. I am blushing.

You are, of course, correct about The Sopranos. For some reason I have never gotten around to watching it but now I have the whole series on DVD and will watch when all the other good stuff goes off air. Oz... well, it went from being one of the best shows on TV to possibly the worst show on tv.