Thursday, July 27, 2006

Movie Musings

So trying to be somewhat angst-free (Coz everyone else does it so well) I thought I'd recap Pirates of the Carribean - Dead Man's Chest. Which I really really enjoyed. It was super duper fun, and even though Johnny Depp was no longer a surprise, he was still brilliant. But Elizabeth getting the hots for Jack? Please... I really really wish they hadn't been down that road. Though I agree with whichever critic it was that said Orlie spent the whole film getting out-acted by a plank of wood. Really, he should've retired after being the golden elf. Everything else just highlights his impossible blandness, even if he is pretty. Very, very pretty.

How good is Bill Nighy??? Even under a zillion tentacles and weird make up he manages to be uber- villainous. In a cuddly way, if that's possible. Oooh, and I love that Geoffrey Rush is back! And I loved the undead monkey! And... ah well, I really enjoyed the film, OK? Let's just leave it at that.

3 comments:

Ridhima said...

Yup! Johny Depp is brilliant as usual!

Great movie! I loved the way they paved the way for the 3rd one in the last scene!

Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»