Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Bringing the Christmas Back

End of year festivities means that my office is playing Christmas Carols pretty incessantly. Currently, my colleagues and I are wigging out to Heal the World. Of course when one thinks of Michael Jackson singing it with his penchant for little boys all I get are the wiggins. (Ha, ha. See what I did there? See? See?)

All of this carol singing and tree decorating is bringing back memories that are best left buried. Having gone to a small convent school with extremely strict nuns running the place, Christmas entailed some major competitiveness and parable-sharing. Carol singing competitions, crib-making competitions, skits, plays, trees and a lesson a day were par for the course. As House Captain I'd be standing and trying very hard to shout out militant orders, but mostly (like any good General) I delegated.

There are also better memories, of bone-crushingly enthusiastic children falling all over each other to get first in line to play games at some Christmas Carnival or other. And I shall be re-living said memories in three-dimensional glory, at the IHC on Christmas Day. Oh, Joy. 'Cept not.

However, before I get accused of being too Scrooge-like, let me take this opportunity to direct y'all to an extremely funny Christmas greeting (don't worry, I am not inflicting the atrocious-but-funny 12 Days of Christmas video on you). In keeping with the fact that Battlestar Galactica is my new obsession (having rewatched season 1 and waiting impatiently for season 2 to finish the frakkin' download) I give you:



Happy Holidays, Everybody!

3 comments:

mitasho said...

ah, nasty nasty video... not at all in keeping with the festive cheer!

Yamini said...

Aw, you don't really mean that!



Right?

Unknown said...

That video alone could have killed the festive season....