Friday, August 18, 2006

The Good and the Bad

I had a very good and very bad day all in one memorable evening. Met up with friends at Dilli Haat, which was nice, and fun. First met Y, who is a more thorough shopper than even me, and then met D, Sh, Su and suprisingly, A. Who I thought was living it up in Germany.

Anyway, it was comfortable, and fun and I had a great time. Dropped D at the bus stop around 20.00 and was happily trundling along Ring Road when the car in front of me braked suddenly. I did the same, and lo and behold, there was my very own pile-up. Even while my head was banging against the steering wheel, all I could think was, 'Darn, my parents are never going to let me drive after this'.

When I called Papa, he was mad. But after he got there and saw for himself that it wasn't my fault, he was... well, less mad. We had to stand around there and give statements to the Police and such. It was very surreal in a way, and if the car hadn't been boxed in from both ends and I didn't ache all over I'd dismiss it as a paranoid dream.

It was Janmashtmi that day though. Was this God's way of telling me something? I didn't see any white lights or tunnels, but then again, I didn't think I was going to die.

3 comments:

Ridhima said...

You do realise that when you told me you had had an accident my heart seemed to stop beating for a moment..

anyways, to answer your question, I think it was God's way of telling you "Never ever go to Dilli Haat without your friend Ridhima as she loves the place so much and misses it a lot" :P

Kidding yaar... I'm just thankful you're ok.. You can't even imagine what I would have done if.. Need I say more..

mitasho said...

Your very own pile-up.. Yoo hoo ;)

Yamini said...

I know, I've totally arrived now haven't I? ;)