Saturday, August 12, 2006

Of Missed Birthdays and Rakhee

Well, the missed birthday wasn't exactly missed, coz I did call and wish, however, forgot to acknowledge it right here.... So belated Happy Birthday R!!! I love you.... and I thank whatever happy coincidence made sure our parents would know each other.

I'm soooooo lucky to have you in my life, to know that somewhere there is you. Our relationship hasn't been without problems, and we've had that temperamental pre-teen/teen phase where we fought like, well, only teenage girls can. But I literally don't remember a time when I didn't know you, and that you weren't my bestest friend. So, here's to our friendship, and may it last for the rest of our lives, like it has so far.

On a lighter note, took my brothers out to see Cars on Rakhee. I loved the movie, especially when I remembered that MS had a done a small VO for, what else, but a Ferrari. It was a surprisingly cynical film though, and it just reminded me of how much I love Pixar. Plus, I baked. I made muffins! Harry Potter ones! Needless to say, it could have tasted like sawdust and the kids would've loved it.

Went shopping with A and M day before yesterday, which was nice. Had a good dinner at Diva where I haven't been in years. Found an amazing amount of traffic on the way, which raised Mum's temperature through the roof.

Also met up with S. It was good, again after so long. Its amazing how comfortable you can be with people you haven't met for an age and may not have much in common with anymore. There wasn't any awkwardness, it was just like slipping into an old T-shirt.

And congrats to S (a different one) on Nia. May you have many good years ahead with her.

2 comments:

mitasho said...

Thank you ...:D

Ridhima said...

Thanks Yami..

Ditto! :)

p.s. - who was the 1st S? racked my brains a lot, i think i know who it is but am not sure.. someone from lsr?