Saturday, September 09, 2006

Counting Down...

... to Sunday after the Italian GP. It is widely speculated in the Formula One paddock that Michael Schumacher is to announce his retirement. The more I read the more conviced I become that he is, indeed, going to hang up his helmet. The thought makes me nervous and teary - I know he has to retire some day, and its been a hard decision. Its also his right, and his decision. But as a fan, I want a chance to say goodbye, I want to go to a race next year and know that this is my last chance at watching him race.

It can't boil down to three races at the end of a 15 year career. Please Michael. Stay for another year.

Also, coupled with the fact that McLaren has yet to announce their line-up, and with Ron Dennis' uncharacteristic praise of Michael over the last week or so, I have hope (albiet very little) that Ronzo has a rabbit in his hat. Michael and Alonso in the same team! Nah, that is truly in the realms of fiction. But I can't help hoping.

No comments: