Sunday, September 10, 2006

Swansong

Fittingly, Michael Schumacher won his last Grand Prix in Italy, at Monza, hallowed Ferrari ground. When one looked at Jean Todt's face when he crossed the line in first place, almost in tears, I knew that Michael was retiring.

Formula 1 will lose its spark without him. I wish him all the best in whatever he decided to do (LDM says he has a role with Ferrari that will be announced at the end of the year).

I wish I'd had a chance to see him race from the pits, but thank God I went to Monaco.

I'm going to go cry now.

2 comments:

mitasho said...

Awww... at least he retired in style.

Ridhima said...

Aww..

He had a fairy tale ending... How much more perfectly could a Grand Master retire..

I never understood your passion for F1 and him before I saw him race myself.. He truly is a legend..