Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Hysterical Laughter...

...At:

1. They're making a film version of Atlas Shrugged.

2. Anjelina Jolie is cast as Dagny Taggart.

3. Russia 3-2 United States, Davis Cup; Europe beats USA to win Ryder Cup; And this is on the heels of loss in the World Basketball Championship. Team USA? Not so much.

4. Jason Bateman and Zach Braff. Give them a show together, people! HBO, are you listening?

On Another Note, I am indescribably happy and excited about the impending release date of The Prestige. I loved, loved the book, and while I know that the film is an adaptation and not a faithful copy, I have every confidence that Chris Nolan will do his namesake justice. His fabulous cast (Hugh Jackman, Christian Bale and David Bowie as Tesla!!!) and his track record with Memento, Batman Begins and even Insomnia (which was so much better than the reviews suggested) have raised my expectations sky-high. I also want to watch the Illusionist which starrs Edward Norton and is based on a similar premise. Need to watch Half Nelson and Little Miss Sunshine.

Other things I am excited about include: Wentworth Miller and Prison Break (whose pilot I watched last night), the Season 3 premiere of Veronica Mars, and finally getting my hands on Black Swan Green.




ETA: This is why Wentworth Miller is my new imaginary boyfriend (Sorry, Gale.)



3 comments:

Ridhima said...

Illusionist is really good!

Half Nelson and Little Miss Sunshine both are supposed to be really good movies too! Will email you when I see them!

Prestige? Who is the author? Will try and get my hands on that book if you liked it this much! :)

mitasho said...

Isnt there a hint of Beckham in that pic?!

Yamini said...

Ridhs, The Prestige is by Christopher Priest, but its Fantasy/Sci-Fi so I don't know if its going to be to your taste.

Soumita, there are no hints of Beckham. I insist. The only time I liked Becks was in 1998 when he had Goldilocks and I had not heard him speak.