Friday, September 22, 2006

Little Annoyances

Is it just me, or is anyone else completely over the whole "I love my Dad" thing Abhishek Bachan has going? In the beginning it was sweet, and now it seems like I can't turn around without some protestation of admiration from son to father. Yes, we know you looooove him and that you think he's the best and all that, but I DON'T NEED TO HEAR ABOUT IT EVERY-FRAKKIN-DAY! Talk about something else already!!! Not only am I, in general, sick of Abhishek Bachan's face EVERYWHERE, he has to go and be this way.

And why oh why do the Indian newspapers and television channels persist in referring to the July 11 blasts in Mumbai as 7/11? Are we American? Do we, as a general rule, write the month before the day? Have we adopted a whole new standard for writing dates and I am only just finding out? Or is it just a part of the me-too syndrome that seems to be overriding our newspapers and channels that, God Forbid, will soon look more like Fox News than anything else.

3 comments:

Suneet Mitra said...

I am perhaps the biggest fan of Amitabh Bachchan but then Abhishek has really taken it to boring heights......I so very agree with you on Abhishek's "I LOVE T MY DAD THING".....

Keep Smiling

mitasho said...

welcome to amitabh bachchan's club then ..cos he looked totally irritated when the li'l one was doing this drill on the Karan Johar show... so well, you have arrived ;)

Yamini said...

Thanks, Suneet, good to know SOMEONE agrees with me.